I'm raising money in support of the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.
By making a donation to me, you are helping to make a difference in child health and child health research. With your support, we can do more for the children and families that need us.
Please make a donation to by by clicking the orange "Donate Now" button and help me to reach my fundraising goal!
DID YOU KNOW ...
- There are about 10,000 children living with cancer in Canada today;
- Each year, about 1500 cases are diagnosed;
- Because of advances in therapy, 78% of these children will survive 5 years
beyond their initial treatment, an increase of almost 46% since the
- In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured;
- Leukaemias, tumours of the brain, nervous/lymphatic system, kidneys, and cancers of the bones and muscles are the most common forms of childhood cancer;
- In Canada, childhood cancer remains responsible for more deaths than any
other disease of children from the age of one year through adolescence;
- Leukaemia is the most commonly-diagnosed cancer in children, comprising some 30% of the total new cases diagnosed each year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACIOUS SUPPORT!