SIAN BRADWELL ENDOWMENT FUND (for children with cancer)
The Sian Bradwell Endowment Fund has been established to provide a reliable source of funds from which the Hospital can draw to provide priority medical equipment for the Haematology-Oncology department and departments which support it.
DID YOU KNOW ...
- There are about 10,000 children living with cancer in Canada today;
- Each year, about 1500 cases are diagnosed;
- Because of advances in therapy, 78% of these children will survive 5 years
beyond their initial treatment, an increase of almost 46% since the
- In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured;
- Leukaemias, tumours of the brain, nervous/lymphatic system, kidneys, and cancers of the bones and muscles are the most common forms of childhood cancer;
- In Canada, childhood cancer remains responsible for more deaths than any
other disease of children from the age of one year through adolescence;
- Leukaemia is the most commonly-diagnosed cancer in children, comprising some 30% of the total new cases diagnosed each year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACIOUS SUPPORT!
Participant: Deborrah Bradwell
Fundraising Goal: $1,000.00
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.